Bursting from the infernal depths in a cloud of fire and brimstone comes Kobold Quarterly’s Fall 2012 issue! Either this is the promised “demons and devils” issue, or the magazine is being guest-edited by Ronnie James Dio.
This issue is packed with Stygian foes, diabolical adventure, cannibal demon apes, soul-sundering artifacts and evil chocolatiers. Kobold Quarterly # 23 includes:
- The dark aristocratic glory of Dispater, First King of the Infernal City by Wes Schneider
- The Vile Black Book, a grimoire written by Asmodeus himself, with five new diabolical spells by Ed Greenwood
- Mechuiti, Midgard’s demon lord of apes and cannibals, with new spells, monsters and adventure hooks by Adam Roy
- “Devil’s Food”, an adventure among Midgard’s sinister gnomes by Michael Lane
- “The Urge to Evolve”, a new Pathfinder Society Quest by Adam Daigle
- GM tips from Steve Winter on creating an atmosphere of horror at the table
KQ # 23 also features inks and poisons from Midgard’s Seven Cities by Christina Stiles, worldbuilding with Monte Cook, Living Gods for 13th Age by Ash Law, a lamia PC race by Marc Radle, plus devil-smiting, soul-selling, and the ever-popular Ask the Kobold with Skip Williams.
The full table of contents for this issue is after the cut:
- Cover: Midgard’s Master of Demon Mountain by Emile Denis
- Dispater by Wes Schneider – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Slithering in Moonlight by Marc Radle – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Pages From Asmodeus by Ed Greenwood – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Mechuiti by Adam Roy – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Gauntlet Witch by Morgan Boehringer and Jim Wettstein – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Selling your Soul by Rodrigo García Carmona – AGE System
- A Few Suggestions by James Thomas – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, D&D 3.5, OSR
- The Devil Smiter by Peter von Bleichert – D&D 3.5
- Simplifying Sunder by Jeff Ibach – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- The Fruits of Friula by Christina Stiles – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Monk of the Glorious Endeavor by Matt Blackie – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Devil’s Food by Michael Lane – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Crossroads Crowned by Terry Maranda & Eric Hindley – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Pathfinder Society Quest: The Urge to Evolve by Adam Daigle – Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
- Living Gods for 13th Age by Ash Law – 13th Age
- Different Kinds of World Building by Monte Cook
- Real Scares by Steve Winter
- Ask the Kobold by Skip Williams
- Sign of the White Bat by Wolfgang Baur
- d20 Monkey by Brian Patterson
- Bolt & Quiver by Stan!
- 10’x 10′ Toon by Stan!