Post-Party Favors: Random Curiosities for Your Game
Another year has passed, and the Kobolds wish you the best in the months ahead. Many thanks go to those who have contributed to the website, read the blog articles, and commented on the work of others here—we appreciate all of you!
Now, for a bit of fun, here’s a quick little table you can use in your game when the player characters are sorting out things in the aftermath of a party. Whether they’re investigating for clues or simply wandering through the area, these items might call to your characters—and maybe even provide you with some ideas for further campaign twists.
- A pair of dagger hilts has a fox motif on them. No blades are in sight.
- Two hairsticks crafted from bronze pierce the nearby wall. Little bronze spiders dangle from them.
- What was once a square mirror in an ivory frame is cracked, with shards spread out in a fine layer over a surface.
- A dark blue velvet bag has an assortment of wrapped taffy within it.
- Two silk scarves—one black and one red—are draped over a chair. The red scarf has been shredded. The black one is in great shape.
- A turquoise-hued feather has been placed in a tankard of stout.
- Two thumb-sized turtles in a glass bowl sit next to an empty metal vase, and both are munching on red flower petals. One turtle has a red X on its back. The other one has an opalescent sheen to its shell. A tag under the bowl states in block letters in a language of your choice: “To Reginald: Thank you for those times. You know. Those times.”
- A silver-haired wig with long tresses and purple ribbons flowing in and around it has been discarded on the floor in a corner.
- A blank naga-hide book has been ripped in half.
- A horn from a unicorn juts out from a tapestry that features a horse. The horn wasn’t part of the original display.
- A pile of will-o’-wisp dust shimmers on a plate that also contains half a biscuit.
- A pink silk eyepatch has been placed over the statue of a local leader. The statue’s lips are also now painted black.